Innisfree My Palette - My All-In-One Makeup Palette

Friday, September 8, 2017


I have a super exciting post up for you guys today!
This spring Innisfree came out with My Palette collection, which is a crazy huge concept of designing your own makeup palette.

Customization has been such a trend in Korea lately with any makeup or skincare, and most of the brands have single eyeshadows and empty palette available for you to make your desired palette. I definitely prefer choosing my own shades for any palettes, because I literally regret buying some pre-made palettes: I never ended up using half of the colors they came with. So, what I have for you this time is a review of Innisfree palette I put together with swatches and everything!

Innisfree has had those eyeshadows in round pans and empty palettes around for quite some time, but this time the palettes are more space efficient, because everything you can pop in there are either squares or rectangles so the usage of space is maximized!

Promotion for this collection looked so fun as well, I was searching online about this collection and release and they had "Innisfree My Palette Stations" in subway stations in Korea! How fun is that? You would go in, play with all the products, plan your palette with stickers resembling the shades and walk out with the palette you designed. Man I wish I was in Korea for that, so exciting!

The empty palettes come in three different sizes: small (holds 4 eyeshadows), medium (holds 8 eyeshadows) and large (holds 18 eyeshadows). Larger pans in the collection are the size of two eyeshadow pans.
Small &medium palettes come with double ended small brush/brushes with sponge tip and brush applicators.

My Palette collection has pretty much everything you would ever need in your palette!
The collection consists of:

  • 100 eyeshadows: 40 mattes, 39 shimmers, 20 glitters, 1 eye primer
  • 5 eyebrow powders
  • 22 blushers: 17 powders, 5 creams
  • 3 highlighters: 2 powders, 1 cream
  • 4 contour shades
  • 3 concealers
  • 3 color correctors

From these you can fully customize your own palette, or they have some ready made sets based on different color schemes for different complexions. Be aware of that it might not be a good idea to put powder and cream products in the same palette, things will get messy!

PRICE 

They seem to have replaced their old substitutes for these products with the new My Palette collection on their Korean website but as an example, for eyeshadows you get product somewhere between 1.9-2.3g for 5,000-5,500 won, whereas Innisfree's Mineral Single shadows used to have 2.3g of product for 5,000won, so the price point is quite similar for these.

The price in euro would be 3,85€ for products with smaller square pans that cost 5,000won and 5,40€ for the products with bigger rectangle pans that cost 7,000won.

The empty palettes retail for the following amounts:
Small 7,000won
Medium 9,000won
Large 12,000won

Untitled

I got myself a large palette and a bunch of eyeshadows, blushes, eyebrow powders and highlighter and contour powder to make a perfect go-to palette that has everything in it, so I could just bring one palette with me when traveling!

All of the singles have really cute Korean names too, so I'm including them here if you were wondering what's the random Korean after the shade numbers.

DSC01577
DSC01637

First off I got myself two eyebrow powders! If you're wondering why I got two, it's because I usually make a gradation on my eyebrows with two different shades to make it appear more natural.

No. 1 (까만밤 산책길) is the darkest shade available, and to be honest it's not that dark to begin with.
No. 2 (고요한 오솔길) is the second darkest out of the four colors available, and it's only slightly lighter than the first shade. These two are rather warm browns, so if you're looking for something cool toned, these are not for you. Also, the darkness of these is just a so-so for me, I have black-brown hair and I can only pull these shades off on more natural makeup days.

The formula in these powders is not my favorite, they're really powdery and the pigmentation is not great as you can probably tell by the swatches. You really have to rub your brush in there to get any color out of them, and you can't get very precise brows with these because of the low pigmentation. I'll leave them in my palette for now, but if I'm not reaching for these a lot I might replace them with something else later.

DSC01568
DSC01623

Out of the two powder highlighters I got No. 1 (별빛 가득 새벽), which is more beige and warm whereas No. 2 seemed to be pink and cooler shade. I actually really ended up enjoying this highlighter! It might be too shimmery or glittery for some, but I do like it since it's actually a light shade that looks neutral white highlight on your face. I would say the pigmentation is in the medium range for highlighter, which I like because I'm not really into that "in your face" crazy highlight.

For contouring I obviously got the lightest shade,  No. 1 (부드러운 머랭쿠키), since my skin is so ghostly white. This shade is actually light enough for me to use which I'm happy about! It's on the warmer side, but I don't mind that since I usually keep my contour really light if I even do contour. The shade reminds me a lot of the lighter contour shade from Etude House's Face Designing Contouring Palette in #1 Gold Brown, so this is a good dupe for that if you're not looking for buying a contouring palette!

DSC01617
DSC01619

As a pale warm toned girl I love my warm peachy and orange blushes so you probably saw this coming!
The two blushes I got are No. 1 (포근한 살구꽃) and No. 2 (반짝이는 메리골드). The first one is matte, light peachy shade and the second one is a light orange shade with subtle golden shimmer.
These both are really nice, just the right amount of pigmentation for that cute flush. Especially the orange one is super pretty, it gives your cheeks really pretty golden sheen!
There's not much to say, I don't even know how could a blush be bad?

DSC01582
DSC01627

Then to the exciting part, aka eyeshadows!
Out of the many many choices I got shades that I use a lot and find useful for the kind of looks I usually go for.

The first matte eyeshadow is No. 12 (라떼 한 잔), which is warm caramel brown shade.
The second on is No. 14 (호수에 비친 노을), a medium red brown.
No. 23 (겨울 봉숭아물) is a pink brown shade and pretty much a lighter version of No. 14.
The last matte I have, No. 31 (한들한들 유채꽃), is a yellow ochre shade.

All of the mattes are super soft and silky and have really nice amount of pigment when applied! I had no issues with blending or anything, and overall in my opinion based on my experience Innisfree has the best eyeshadows from the roadshops in Korea.

DSC01572
DSC01635

I love my glitters and shimmers, so I had to have some of those in my palette too. Glitter eyeshadows are especially tricky when it comes to Korean brands, because they're always either hit or miss.

I got two glitter eyeshadows, No. 1 (반짝이는 꽃잎) and No. 12 (석양에 물든 바다).
No. 1 one is a gold glitter shadow, and No. 12 is a rosegold shadow.

With No. 1 happened what I was afraid of: it's dry, chunky and the pigmentation is a joke. It's extremely hard to get any color pay off from the shadow. I had to use so much force to even get that swatch out! I'm probably going to replace this eyeshadow with some other shade later.
No. 12 on the other hand, amazing! It's exactly what a glitter eyeshadow should be, it's creamy and pigmented and almost feels like it's wet. You can get the most amazing glitter looks with this one.

I also got myself two shimmer eyeshadows.
The first one is No. 2 (베이지 튜튜), a light pink shade. No. 35 (향긋한 계피나무) is from the other end of the spectrum: it's a warm dark brown with subtle red-ish and golden shimmer.
No.2 is actually a really similar shade to the highlighter I got, but it's not as glittery? No. 35 isn't as pigmented or dark as it looks like, but I'm not bothered with that since that's not what I was expecting anyway, and I like to build the intensity little by little.

DSC01557
DSC01556

This is how I assembled my palette! I used so much time choosing what shades I should pick to make the overall look and theme of the palette continuous and convenient. I think I succeeded!

You can easily pop of the pans from the plastic containers with the help of your nails, but you have to be really careful you don't break them. All of the clear plastic packagings have one or two dents on the edge that allow you to get them out without tools. There's no glue on the bottom, but magnets instead like in the big palette. Magnets in the palette are strong enough so you don't have to be scared of the pans falling out.

In my opinion, the palette itself is really plain and boring looking, and come on, dark brown packaging? It goes well with their brand image, but the ivory colored palettes they had before looked way more fresh than these to be honest. I really don't know why they chose that color when all their other basic makeup products are packaged in that white/ivory color.
They have those cushions that carry the same name and they are all in very pretty and fun colors, so this palette just seems so out of place. Maybe the plain and boring color choice gives more attention to the actual products, who knows. They actually did a collaboration design for the palette, so I really hope they will do more of those in the future because I'm the first one to change my palette case if they come out with anything appealing to me.

What I like about the palette though is the mirror! It's really big and helpful and I appreciate they put that in there. And overall, I really like my palette! I'll be replacing couple of things in it, but I was prepared for that anyway, since I can't swatch the products before buying.

Has any of you got their own My Palette, big or small?

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Thank you so much for the review���������������� youre so thorough, its very helpful. I have a qs, the my eyebrow one, you said the pigmentation isnt very good rite? What abt the longetivity? I have used both the etude and face shop brow pncils and they wear off pretty quickly on me. What about these and perhaps if youve used those two pencils, how would you compare them? Thank you in advance❤

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan