Peripera Peri's Ink The Velvet - favorites & swatches

Monday, November 13, 2017

peripera peri's ink the velvet

I wanted to share some of my favorite Korean liptints with you all, so here we go! When I was in Korea, I got introduced to the brand Peripera more closely. They got super popular in Korea for their Peri's Ink liptints, which I also bought in their bestseller bright red color and now I have almost used all of it!
I was really interested in the velvet version, because they had shades other than the generic pink, red and orange. There are a total of 15 different shades in this Peri's Ink The Velvet collection ranging from pastel coral to more deep and muted red shades.

In Korea these lip tints retail for 9,000won, which is around 7€.
I usually order my Korean cosmetics from Roseroseshop, where they had these liptints on sale for 4,30€ when I got them. You can find Peripera's lip tints on pretty much every k-beauty online store though, they're such a stable for every k-beauty enthusiast!

Peripera didn't have too many products when I first came across the brand, but they've put out some appealing products lately. Peripera is clearly targeted for younger people, high school kids maybe, but I've found some favorites from them. I really really love some of their mascaras too, a review is coming up for those soon. But anyway, let's get on the swatches!



peripera ink the velvet liptints

From left to right: Pure Peach, Beauty Peak Rose, Celeb Deep Rose

I have three shades to share with you guys! I had one more shade called Pretty Coral, but I conveniently lost it just before making this post and found it after taking and editing all the photos so I'll just go with these three.

The packaging in my opinion is so cute, and the color of the tiny bottle is the shade of the lip tint itself!

The formula is velvety as the name suggests, and it dries down to a matte finish after a while. That being said these liptints will emphasize the dryness of the lips and will cling onto the dry patches, so you have to make sure to exfoliate and moisturize your lips well before using them. Otherwise the formula is really comfortable in my opinion, it's not necessarily drying itself because that only happens if your lips are dry before.

Next the swatches! I have to say that I screwed up the saturation on these, they're not as bright and vibrant in real life. The shades are not exactly the color of the bottles either, but rather something in between those two.

Right after applying:
peripera ink the velvet liptint swatches
After wiping with water:
peripera ink the velvet liptint swatches

These lip tints last on your lips pretty well, and indeed leave a tint behind. They will come off if you eat something oily or greasy, and that said they'll come off with any oil cleanser at the end of the day when you want to remove your makeup.

peripera ink the velvet liptint pure peach swatch

S/S 2017
No.12 (Pure Peach)

Pure Peach is said to be a peachy coral shade, but in reality it's way brighter, almost orange unlike in the swatches on Peripera website. It's still a pretty shade, and I like it to use this shade as a base for a gradation lip with the other shades I have!

For some reason this shade really clings onto the dry parts of my lips as you can see in the picture. I don't know what's the issue with this particular shade, because I don't really have this problem with the other shades.


peripera ink the velvet liptint beauty peak rose swatch

S/S 2017
No.14 (Beauty Peak Rose)

Beauty Peak Rose is a light rosy MLBB shade according to the Peripera website. It's a little bit more toned down in real life than in my picture.
This is one of my absolute favorite lip tints ever, the shade is so beautiful and flattering! It's not too bright and in your face, but it's still giving nice and natural tint to your lips.

peripera ink the velvet liptint celeb deep rose swatch

F/W 2016
No.6 (Celeb Deep Rose)

Celeb Deep Rose is again a rosy shade, but deeper and toned down. It looks a little brighter in the picture than in real life. It's a step down from Beauty Peak rose and more cool toned.

I first bought this shade for my friend as a gift, but I just had to get it for myself too because it's so beautiful! Celeb Deep Rose is perfect for fall and winter, and it's a perfect shade to give some dimension to your lips by adding onto the very center of your lips.

That's everything for this post! I absolutely love these liptints, and I'm greatly anticipating the shades Peripera puts out in the future. Do you have any favorites from Peripera? What other products are must-try from them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan