3 CONCEPT EYES: LOVE 3CE Collection Review

Thursday, August 24, 2017


Hello everyone! I have such an exciting post today, and I just couldn't wait to get to share these products with everyone. You'll know why by reading further!


When I first saw 3CE is releasing this kind of collection my heart literally jumped and I just HAD TO HAVE some of them! I'm a total sucker for packaging and 3CE just always does it for me, I love their cosmetics since their concepts are always unique to the others. I mean, can we have a moment for the whole packaging situation here? The colors, the outer packaging, the actual products... I've sold my soul for 3CE, not joking.

LOVE 3CE
LOVE 3CE
LOVE 3CE

I got total of 4 products plus the hand mirror which you can see in some of the pictures above! Such a cute upgrade for my old and nasty matte black 3CE mirror I have had for years. Only product I didn't get is the LOVE 3CE Baby Glow Cushion, since it's most likely to be too dark for me anyway so I didn't bother getting it. You can get these products from 3CE's official website, but I ordered mine through TesterKorea because I know Stylenanda packages get stuck to customs, but my package got stuck in there anyway so that was for nothing...

But on to the actual review, I have swatched each product on my arm and wore them on my face to give you the best picture of how the products look accompanied with my initial thoughts on these LOVE 3CE items. 


LOVE 3CE
LOVE 3CE
LOVE 3CE
LOVE 3CE

I got the LOVE 3CE duo shadow in the shade #POTION MAKER. They have 5 different versions with matte, glitter and shimmer eyeshadows and as the name suggests, each one has two different shades in them. Each one retails for 20,000won, which is around 15,45€
#POTION MAKER has a sheer glittery pink shade with gold glitter and more pigmented warm medium brown shade with gold glitter as well. 

I didn't use any eyeshadow primer for the swatches since I normally don't use one when doing my eyeshadow anyway. The pink shadow could definitely use some eyeshadow primer, since it's not very pigmented; it has only very faint pink tint to it and is more like a gold glitter when applied to lids. I use this kind of eyeshadow on top of cream eyeshadows to give them more shimmer, and this one looks really pretty that way! The brown shadow on the other hand is really nicely pigmented and feels more buttery and smooth. It has quite the amount of fall out, but I don't really mind it and glittery shadows tend to have more fall out anyway. 

But is this eyeshadow duo worth the money? I don't think so. Maybe the other duos might be better in overall quality and worth the price, but this particular one is not. I'm not that mad at it though, I'll still be using these eyeshadows and well, the packaging is so stinking cute!

LOVE 3CE
LOVE 3CE

The collection has 6 different LOVE 3CE cheek makers in pink and orange shades, out of which I got the shade #ORANGISH. It's a rather bright and pigmented orange with a little bit of gold glitter in it. The texture is really smooth and looks absolutely gorgeous on your cheeks! Only thing you need to be cautious when applying is the pigmentation of the blush. You have to make sure to tap of the excess, or you're gonna get way too much color on your face.

I honestly these would be a little bigger, but they're actually quite small in pan size! That's not a con though, my blush brush fits in there just fine. The blushes retail for 19,000won which is about 14,70€. That's quite a lot for a blush this small, BUT, it's very pigmented and a little goes a long way. I see makeup products packaged this way more as collector's items anyway, so I personally don't mind paying a little more mainly just for the packaging!
LOVE 3CE
LOVE 3CE
LOVE 3CE
LOVE 3CE
LOVE 3CE
LOVE 3CE

LOVE 3CE velvet lipsticks come in 6 different shades. They have 6 more lipsticks in a glossy formula, so that makes a total of 12 lipsticks! Each lipstick costs 20,000won which is about 15,45€.
I got two of the velvet lipsticks, #SUGARCANE and #YOUTH. #SUGARCANE is a coral pink nude and #YOUTH is a very bright, intense red.
They tell the velvet formula is "flake-free, smooth and matte". They're matte, but the formula is a little different from their normal matte lipsticks, definitely more velvety and thin on the lips. The normal matte formula is actually somewhat thicker and drier so it's harder to glide onto your lips than this one. I got to say that this velvet formula is drying too, but you just have to make sure to moisturize your lips really well before using them.
I kind of wish I picked up one of their glossy formulas just to try it out, since I bet they would work nicely together with these velvet ones.

I'm sorry the lighting in my swatches is really inconsistent, the arm swatch doesn't have as much light as the lipswatches that are taken in more natural lighting. The picture below is also taken in natural lighting but the difference is that in the lip swatch photos sun was not shining unlike in the last photo of my face!

But anyway, I love the design of these lipstick! They really have such a retro-feel to them, the ridges on the packaging, gold details and the rounded lipstick bullet just do it, I swear my mom used to have a lipstick with a very similar design!

LOVE 3CE

Lastly, here is a quick look in which I used the products! I like the eyeshadow for more quick and natural makeup days, but I have to say it was the most disappointing out of these products since the pigmentation is not that outstanding.
The blush and lipsticks though, love love love! I've been super into peach and orange blushes lately, maybe summer has something to do with it, so I'm enjoying the blush shade I got. And the lipstick in the shade #YOUTH, juuuuust gorgeous. MAC's Lady Danger is my absolute favorite red lipstick and this kind of reminds me of that one, the formula just feels more comfortable. #SUGARCANE is super pretty too, I wore it out today and got so many compliments. It's such a nice nude shade!

If I was to buy something else from this collection it would probably be some of the glossy lipsticks just to try them out, but I don't think I'll be purchasing anything else because the formulas aren't out-of-this-world-amazing and I mainly got these because they were cute, haha. So basically if you like 3CE and cute makeup like me, these are for you!

See you in the next review, thanks for reading~

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan