The hunt for the perfect lip oil: The Face Shop Lip Oil #01 Honey

Thursday, August 24, 2017

First of all, I'm a huge fan of lip oils because my lips get quite dry since I'm using some sort of lipstick or liptint almost every day. Generally speaking my lips are naturally on the dryer side too, so I've been using tons of different lip balms, lip treatments and whatnot. Only things I've found out to be working for me are Carmex lip balms and Bepanthen cream for the worst lip days.

Then I got a sample size of Clarins Instant Lip Comfort Oil in some goodie bag and I fell in love with it! It has the perfect thick and glossy texture to keep your lips moisturized and feeling comfortable without being sticky. I love to prep my lips with lip oil before putting on whatever lip product I'm using that day. But, the downside is that those Clarins lip oils retail for 20,50€ in Finland and that's quite expensive for 0.1 Oz of product I'll be using almost every day.

I thought to myself that there must be similar products out there with just as good quality but with a lower price point. I tried some Lumene lip oil but it was too thin and not as moisturizing as I wished, so I decided to turn to K-beauty in my search for the perfect lip oil!

The Face Shop Lip Oil

I got The Face Shop Lip Oil in the shade #01 Honey.
They say it has gel-like oil texture that goes on smoothly and protects and treats your dry lips gently with ingredients like shea butter.

This lip oil retails for 8,000won in Korea which is around 5,40€. You get 0,14 Oz. of product, which is slightly more than in my favorite Clarins lip oil. I purchased this lip oil from Jolse, where I got it for $6,78 which is about 5,80€.

They have only two shades available, honey orange/yellow shade and a red one. I got the "non-colored" yellow one since I like to use lip oil before applying lipstick in the morning, so I don't want any kind of color on my lips before that.

The Face Shop Lip Oil Applicator
The Face Shop Lip Oil Applicator

The doefoot applicator is nice and big, and I like that kind of applicators for lip oils to be honest. It's so quick and soft to just wipe on your lips!
As you can see, the product looks really orange in the tube, more than I expected but luckily it doesn't give your lips any color.

Untitled
Untitled

The texture not sticky at all, and the formula is quite thick which I like. It feels pretty similar to the Clarins lip oil, but maybe a teeny tiny bit thinner?  I feel like lip oils should be thicker in the texture so they give your lips more longterm moisture rather than absorbing quickly. This The Face Shop Lip Oil is quite good in that aspect in my opinion, it's very moisturizing!
It also gives your lips that nice shine lip oils do so you could use this instead of a lip gloss.

Only thing I don't like about this product is the scent. I can't really describe how it smells, but the scent is so artificial, I think it's trying to imitate some fruit scent but I just can't wrap my mind around what it could be. Anyway, I highly dislike almost all artificial fruit scents and this particular one is quite strong too. The scent disappears after having the lip oil on your lips for quite a while, so maybe I'll be able to use it!
Thankfully it doesn't taste like anything because you're going to get some of the lip oil in your mouth almost without exception, and if it tasted the same it smells like I wouldn't have used this.

So, the scent is very off-putting to me, so this is not going to be my new favorite even though I'll still be using it since I bought it and otherwise it's a really nice lip oil. If you don't mind the scent, maybe you'll like this one a lot!
I'll still be searching for the perfect lip oil though. Do you know any good lip oils out there?

Until the next time!

3 comments:

  1. Found your blog from Instagram! I love to read about Korean and Japanese cosmetics and skincare. :)

    The lip oil you tried seems moisturising for winter! I love to use jojoba oil when removing make up but haven't thought using oil in lip care before.

    Have you tried COSRX BHA BLACKHEAD POWER LIQUID? I really want to buy it but I'm afraid it's too strong for my skin. Another product I'm willing to buy in near future is FOREO LUNA Play Plus! Would be interesting to hear about your skin care routine! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment~ I'll make a post about my skincare routine later for sure!

      I seriously love lip oils, I don't even remember when I used any lip balm the last time since I always keep reaching for the lip oils!

      And I haven't tried that product from COSRX, but I'm definitely interested in it and might order it in the future to test. I've only recently gotten into AHAs, and I'm still a little scared of BHAs since my skin is on the drier side, yet I do still get blackheads and breakouts.

      Delete
  2. The look and feel of this product gives a perfect feeling of sunscreen. Above that a is like an icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan