It's Skin The Fresh Mask Sheet Review - Honey, Teatree, Aloe & Pomegranate

Monday, October 9, 2017

it's skin fresh mask sheets

Hello! Today I got some sheet masks to share and review and they are The Fresh Mask Sheets from It's Skin!

I honestly love sheet masks so much, they're the easiest skin treatment to use for a little relaxing moment every week. I usually do one sheet mask a week, sometimes even more often if I feel like it.

I've never tried any It's Skin products before, they just haven't been that appealing to me but you can actually buy some It's Skin products in Finland now so that's why I grabbed some of the sheet masks! I believe you can find them in some selected pharmacies and some supermarkets, for example I got mine from K Citymarket. These sheet masks retail for 2,19€ in there. I generally prefer to order my k-beauty products straight from Korea, so I checked how much these would be in there: 1,000won each which is about 0,75€. The retail price in Finland is understandable though, taking into account all the importing expenses.

There are 10 different sheet masks to choose from, and I picked one of each that were available at the time.


My rating scale:
1 = Didn't like at all, wouldn't repurchase
2 = Just so-so, wouldn't repurchase
3 = Good, might consider repurchasing
4 = Liked and enjoyed, might repurchase
5 = Love it, will definitely repurchase!

DSC01671Okay, first up: HONEY. This mask is supposed to give your skin more radiant glowing look, that "honey glow" to be exact, which has been popular in Korea.

The scent on this one is pretty pleasant, but if synthetic honey is not your cup of tea then this isn't either because that's what it smells like.

Out of the four I got I think I liked this the most, because the essence felt a tiny bit thicker and more nourishing than in the other ones. The residue left on the skin after using this was also a little bit stickier than in the others, but it absorbed pretty quickly nevertheless. 3/5

DSC01669
I tend to get pretty excited about TEA TREE masks, because I have combination skin and my skin is often very stressed and in need of balance. If you're not a fan of tea tree scent, you don't have to be worried about that because this doesn't smell strongly like tea tree, I don't actually know what the scent was. Something herb like.

This tea tree mask is said to control sebum production and make your skin appear cleaner, since tea tree has anti-inflammatory and properties.

This mask was nothing special though, felt like the other masks; cooling, refreshing and moisturizing. 2/5
DSC01665
This ALOE mask smelled like any other aloe product out there, and the essence in this one was quite thin and it absorbed well. I think this one was the fastest one out of these to absorb, so if you want to do a sheet mask in the morning this is a good option!

The point of this mask is to provide calming and moisturizing effect on the skin. It indeed felt refreshing and cooling, as aloe usually does. I could actually see myself using something like this in the morning time as a refreshing boost when my face is looking puffy and feeling tired.

I might try to find similar masks from other brands to try out too! 3/5

DSC01667POMEGRANATE was another one I quite liked. The scent in this was my favorite out of these, very mild and fruity.

My skin looked hydrated and plump after using the mask, that itself felt refreshing but after a while, maybe 30 minutes after removing the mask the essence started rolling off of my skin, which was pretty weird.

The point of this mask is to bring vitality to the skin with various vitamins and minerals and make your skin look clean and hydrated.
I quite enjoyed this, but it wasn't that special I would repurchase it. 2/5


Apparently the masks can be divided to light, medium and rich by the consistency, I found that out when I was reading more about these masks when writing this post. Tea Tree and Aloe belong into the light category and Pomegranate and Honey are medium, so I didn't have any of the rich ones to try out this time.

The sheets in all of these are quite standard and basic white, kinda thick fabric and they don't fit that well; too much extra on the chin and no cuts to make it fit better, and at least for me they didn't cover all of my forehead either.

OVERALL RATING:
Honestly, I couldn't tell much difference between these masks, they all felt pretty much the same in the end. They're pretty good everyday masks though, and work even in the morning under makeup if you want a skin boost before a long day of wearing makeup. I wouldn't necessarily buy these again since they're nothing special, but I might grab some of the masks I didn't try yet if I come across them somewhere. The fit of the masks is not that good for me and I feel like there so many sheet masks with thinner material and better fit, so these are overall just a so-so for me.

I'm happy though that Finland is starting to get its fair share of the k-beauty products, and I'm excited to see what other brands and products might pop up here in the future!

2 comments:

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan