Colourpop First Impressions: Flexitarian Super Shock Highlighter & Taurus Lippie Stix Review

Friday, November 24, 2017

It's 2017 and believe it or not - I haven't tried any Colourpop products until now. I've gone many times on the website and put stuff in my cart but I never came around to order anything, whether I didn't really need anything when they had free worldwide shipping or I just didn't know what to get because they have so many things on their website.

Colourpop

This time around I bought two things just by a whim: Super Shock Highlighter in Flexitarian and Lippie Stix in Taurus. People have recommended Flexitarian as a good highlighter for fair skin and I happened to be in the market for a new highlighter, so I got that. And the reason I got the lipstick? My horoscope is Taurus, so it was calling for me!

I have you swatches on my arm as well as on my lips and cheeks, so keep on reading to find out more about my first experience with Colourpop!


colourpop lippie stix taurus
colourpop lippie stix taurus swatch

Taurus is your perfect medium yellow brown. I think this is a great shade for me, it looks super flattering and wearable on my fair, warm yellow toned skin. I'll definitely get a lot of wear out of this especially now during the fall and winter season.

At first I was doubting the size of the lipstick, it's really small. But it's not a bad thing, you can get really precise application which I quite enjoyed!

The texture in this is a little odd, it's not completely matte and it feels kind of waxy on your lips? It's really difficult to explain. It's very opaque though, and it lasts on your lips a decent time. The formula is not particularly moisturizing, so I would recommend using lip balm before applying this one.


colourpop super shock highlighter flexitarian
colourpop super shock highlighter flexitariancolourpop super shock highlighter flexitarian swatch

As you can tell by the photos and the swatch, Flexitarian is super reflective! They describe the shade as "intense white champagne", and that's what it is. It's so reflective it almost looks wet on your skin if that makes any sense. My first time swatching I was like woah that's glittery because I'm more used to very smooth shimmery highlighters, but the glitter is actually very subtle and wearable!

The Super Shock formula is very interesting, and I have never tried anything similar. The product feels almost wet and squishy but it's still powder, not cream. That's what makes it really intense though! It's kind of using a wet brush to apply powder products except not actually wetting the brush. Because of the formula, they suggest using synthetic brush for application so you could get the maximum color pay off. Other people have recommended applying it with your fingers and then blending out with brush.

After using this highlighter for a while, I think this is the easiest to apply with your fingers, it's just faster and more efficient formula wise than using a brush. I don't mind that, I use my fingers a lot when doing eye makeup and such. My only issue with this highlighter is that when I don't have light reflecting on my face, you can kind of see a darker stripe where the highlight is but again, that's because I'm extremely fair and I can get away with it if I just blend well enough.

I've also heard that some Colourpop's Super Shock highlighters are not that longlasting and after couple of hours it's gone and all that's left befind is the glitter. That didn't happen with this highlighter, it looks good after hours of wear!

DSC01996

Wearing Taurus and Flexitarian! The lipstick compliments my new warmer hair color really well in my opinion. Excuse me the gray and grainy photo though, we literally have no natural light in Finland anymore this time of the year...

Overall? I'm pretty impressed! The products are great for the price point
Shipping was pretty fast in my opinion, it's a little expensive if you don't order during an international free shipping offer or if you get your parcel stuck in customs and have to pay the fee.
But I think Colourpop is definitely worth trying, I really really like the highlighter and I'm super excited to be trying the eyeshadows later!

1 comment:

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan