Joah Box October 2017 - K-Beauty Subscription Box Review

Sunday, November 12, 2017

joah box october 2017

Today I have you the new October Joah Box! Mine came in a little later this time, so it's actually November already instead of October when I'm reviewing this. I'm having at least one month break from the box after this one, and for my next box I'll definitely get the tracking, I don't want to wonder where my box is anymore.

Anyway, into the box!
If you're new, you might be wondering what Joah Box is. Joah Box is a monthly Korean beauty subscription box that includes 5-7 full size beauty products. Monthly price of the box is $33, and the shipping is free!

Joah Box has updated their website since the last time, it's really nice and clean looking now. They seem to have updated the maximum value of the box too, and it's now $100! I'm expecting some amazing products in the future boxes~




joah box october 2017 contents

The spider was actually a really cute surprise! Too bad halloween was over already when I received my box. October's box included five full size products in total: two makeup products and three skin care products.

I'll go through the products one by one, and I'll give my first impressions on them.
Your girl loves to do her digging, so I'm telling you if I find anything interesting about the brands, products, prices or anything worth knowing.

ahc capture moist solution ampoule

Capture Moist Solution Ampoule by AHC, $65 (price in Korea ???)

I couldn't find this product from AHC's official website, so I'm assuming it's older release and discontinued since it's unlisted. I had to do a little bit more digging to find information on this product, and there wasn't much. This ampoule is said to hydrate and nourish your skin, as well as brighten your skin and improve the appearance of wrinkles.

This will be perfect extra moisture for my dry skin during the cold season!
The texture is water-like, and there's not much scent at all. It absorbs to your skin really fast, and leaves it feeling so soft! I actually like how it feels so far after using it couple times. Not much to say about this product at this point, but I'll report back later how I like this after using it for a longer time.


pony effect favorite fluid lip tint secret admirer
pony effect favorite fluid lip tint secret admirer swatch

Favorite Fluid Lip Tint in #Secret Admirer by Pony Effect, $18 (price in Korea 18,000won)

When I was in Korea, Pony came out with her makeup line and I kept eyeing these liptints but I never ended up buying one because I had difficulty picking a color. Can you believe that?

#Secret Admirer is definitely not a color I would usually go for, since I much prefer warmer lip colors on my skin tone. Doesn't hurt to try new things though, but I don't know if a cold toned purple lip tint will ever look good on me. But we're about to find out.

The scent is artificial watermelon, not my favorite. I'm not huge fan of the color either to be honest, but the formula is so so so comfortable for a lip tint! My lips are quite dry and many lip tints just feel like they suck the moisture out of my lips, but not this one. I might have to get some other shade that's up to my personal taste!

Lastly, the packaging is so gorgeous, love the rose gold!

belleme u & eye shadow sugar salmon
DSC01776

U&Eye Shadow in Sugar Salmon by Belleme, $12 (price in Korea 19,000won, currently on sale for 6,000won)

This is a totally new brand to me, and I'm more than happy to get to know as many brands as I can! Belleme seems to be a cosmetic brand by Abbamart, Korean online store for beauty products that first became known for their makeup brushes.

The color is very light peachy shade, and I have an eyeshadow that's almost exactly the same shade, but this one seems to have the tiniest bit of shimmer in it since it reflects light a little. This kind of shade is beautiful as a natural all over the lid shadow or as a base for other colors!
The texture of the eyeshadow is silky, and it's quite pigmented. Nothing extraordinary, but I'll definitely have use for this since it's a good everyday eyeshadow shade.

mimiang sweet skull whitening mask

Sweet Skull Whitening Mask by Mimiang, $3 (price in Korea 3,000won)

Again, a new brand for me. Seems like this is newer brand since they only launched in 2015! They have a bunch of different character sheet masks, out of which I received this whitening skull mask in the box. It's pretty self-explanatory, it's a whitening and moisturizing mask meant for dull and dry skin.

The fit of the mask was perfect for my face! I have a big forehead, so usually half of my forehead is left bare and I have too much excess on my chin but with this one, perfect fit on my chin.
My skin felt pretty sticky after using the mask, but it looked sooo bright and even! Seems like it truly works, so if you're looking for a good brightening mask this might be a good option to try out. Also, you can take some fun selfies while wearing the mask since it has the skull face printed on it~


snp animal tiger wrinkle mask

Animal Tiger Wrinkle Mask by SNP, $3 (price in Korea)

I believe these SNP animal sheet masks that started the craze with character faces printed on sheet masks! I never got around to try one, so I'm happy to do that now.

This sheet mask is supposed to minimize wrinkles and make your skin more elastic and soft. I'm only in my 20s, but my skin is a little dry and I'm getting my first wrinkles because of the dryness, so I'm open to try something like this. This mask definitely moisturized my face, but honestly it wasn't anything that special apart from the tiger print on the sheet mask. I also found the actual sheet thicker on these character masks than the sheets usually are in normal masks. I don't know if I would buy something like this again, but at least they're fun to use!

memebox i wish lovely cheek and lip tint lovely pink
i wish lovely cheek and lip tint lovely pink swatch

I Wish Lovely Cheek and Lip Tint in #02 Lovely Pink by Memebox, $15

This product seemed to be a gift for those who got 3 month subscription starting from September or for those who reviewed Joah Box, so I don't exactly know why I got this, but I'm happy! This is a collaboration product by a Korean youtuber Soyoung from Soyoung's Beauty Room and Memebox. They seem to have discontinued this product as well, so I couldn't find too much about the product.

The texture is mousse-like and more drying than that Pony Effect liptint, so you have to do a lip scrub and moisturize your lips well before using this! This is not on my usual lip color radar either, it seems a little bit too cold toned and pink for my liking, but I might find use for this as a cheek tint instead.


That's it for last month's Joah Box! What did you think of the products?
I'm always happy to try new sheet masks and new brands, so I was pretty happy with the box this time around too! As I said in the start of the post though, I'll have a little break from my subscription because I need to save money for Christmas presents~

I'll be back with more Joah Box unboxings later!

1 comment:

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan